Saturday, August 16, 2008

Pining...

Today is a day for pining. Not in a bad way, so perhaps I used the wrong word. But all these things are just welling up inside me and sometimes I feel like I could burst! Maybe I'm more just really really really really really REALLY looking forward to some things. And here are the objects of my pining desire:
- Summer. It might be Winter for another half month, but today is just so gorgeous that Hatti and I are dropping everything and going out for lunch in the sun with some friends
- House. Settlement is going to be around September 10 and I'm burning to just get into our house and start painting, gardening, and putting things where they need to go!!! Last night I dreamt that we went in for the first time. So cool!!
- Wedding. Of course!! I'm really looking forward to being Mrs Donovan, a wife... Yay!! I'm still a bit nervous about the day though, just because there's so much to do still *sigh*
- Uni break. I know semester only just started back a few weeks ago, but I'm ready for the holidays again ;)
- Melbourne. Eeeeek!!! Kat, Hatti and I are packing our bags and heading over to Melbourne in October for the 'last hurrah' as 3 single girls. I've never done a big trip with them before, so it's pretty much going to rock...!! Plus I get to see Miss Julz again - it's been nearly a year since the last time, I believe.
- Thailand. That's our honeymoon destination. I've never been in a different country to my parents before, and I've never been on holiday just with Chris (obviously, being a good Christian girl and all...) I anticipate it's going to be very very sweet!
- Collage. Children's writer/illustrator Jeanie Baker has reaffirmed my love of collage with her amazingly stunning book 'Belonging'. She's a collage queen!!

No comments: