Tuesday, August 26, 2008

OK, so now I REALLY want to go outside...

*pout* Today is absolutely stunning!!! And here I am, stuck behind my desk, just looking at it. But I can't touch it, smell it, taste it or... hear it? I just want to pull out a beach towel, lounge by the pool and drift in and out of a music-induced unconsciousness while working on my tan. This bride-to-be wants to be majorly brown by December 6, and that's not something that happens over the Spring without some serious dedication!!
Gah! Despite the fact that my heart is being tugged by every little ray of sunshine that dances through this enormous office window, I'm in a really good mood! I believe there are a number of contributing factors:
1. Chris cuddled me to sleep last night before he left my house :) So lovely!
2. I'm back home! Love house-sitting to pieces, but it's also a good feeling getting back home and catching up with the sisters and parents
3. Leon is the most adorable little chap, and now I'm home I see a lot more of him. He's learnt how to sit AND stay!!
4. I'm working 9-4.30 days at the moment, as opposed to my usual 8.30-5.30 days. Uni mini-breaks are wonderful!!
5. I'm really looking forward to seeing little-sister Steph performing her original monologue at school tonight. She's used a concept I threw at her as a joke - and apparently she's done darn well with it!
6. Only 3 hours left for my work day - perhaps I can still enjoy a teeny bit of sunshine after all?

No comments: