Thursday, March 12, 2009

This Makes Me A Saaaaad Panda!


Pretty sure this project is the ultimate wet-panda-hug to the crafter's heart....

(Wet Panda Hug = the sloppiest, biggest waste-of-time, barely there obligatory hug. More like a mutual soft touch to the shoulders between two people who are awkward with each other)

Panda is based on a pattern from the Pretty class. Panda was adorable. I can vouch for that (if he wasn't, he never would've gotten to the stuffing stage!) He had a beautiful, full round face. Yet somehow when I stuffed him, it got squashed in. He now resembles a hammer-head shark! And I have no idea how it happened! Nobody else's pandas have squashy heads! And my THING is making felt toys!

His one saving grace is the little heart on his butt:


I guess he has a somewhat artistic charm about him...? But my husband snickered when he saw the finished product.

It reminded me of the time I had a terrible haircut, ran to him at work with tears in my eyes and wailed "They gave me a mullet!" and he responded with a laugh and said "Oh wow. They did!"

Basically I'm looking forward to take #2 of the panda project... *sigh*

3 comments:

Topher-o-Rama said...

As the character known as "that husband of yours" I'd like to point out that while my initial reaction wasn't the best, I still provide love and support as the long-term response.

Just saying...

I've got a reputation, after all...

;-)

LAUREN! said...

I like it! I think its super cute Klara!

Princess Gina said...

i love the panda!!!!!